Effective FX Risk Management For SMEs Under Covid-19
An introduction for exporters and importers to better manage their FX risk.
It has become a cliché that the world has changed but there is also no escaping that it has indeed changed. For SMEs, the impact has been dramatic, and even more so for those that are exposed to fluctuating exchange risks. Brexit brought its own issues but Covid-19 has doubled down on those companies that buy and sell goods and services overseas.
In this eBook, we take the mystery out of managing foreign exchange risks and apply historical learnings to risk managing in the current Covid-19 environment.
What is this eBook about?
- The basics of FX risk - Covid-19 has changed the world but the basics of FX risk management in this new world remain the same.
- The need to hedge your FX risk- companies can not only reduce their exposure to FX by better managing risk but also achieve several other benefits.
- Step-by-step strategy for managing your FX risk - a simple 6-step process to help mitigate some of the pitfalls that many exporters and importers fall into.
- Financial instruments to leverage - the commonly used FX hedging instruments - FX forwards and FX options.
- Spreadsheets or Treasury Management Systems? In the current environment where working from home is common, having a single source of truth, as opposed to sharing an error-ridden spreadsheet is becoming the norm.